Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Snakes!

On Sunday afternoon, Daddy Duck and Monkey Man were pulling up the old lima bean plants from the garden. Monkey Man was about to reach down and pull one out & discovered a copperhead hiding there under the leaves!

I shuddered to think of all the times we'd been in that spot - the ducklings almost always being barefoot- picking lima beans.

Then yesterday, Daddy Duck went out to the compost pile & discovered a nest of baby copperheads. There were four of them! And I shuddered to think of all the times the ducklings had dug through the compost (with their hands!) looking for worms to use for fishing.
And I thought of this verse, "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them." Psalm 34:7

Thankyou Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeek! *twitch*

    Man, what a scary discovery.. Im glad you guys are ok!

    Hannah just walked by and declared that you (meaning YOU), are SO cool!

    ReplyDelete