Someone sent me
this link to a tutorial for making a little girl's dress from a men's dress shirt. To Daddy Duck's relief, I didn't raid his closet, but found this shirt at the thrift store for only $1.

The directions were simple and easy to follow. It ended up tight in the armpit area, so I did have to add more fabric there.

The red "belt" came from 2 napkins I also found at the thrift store for a quarter each.


I was really pleased with how it turned out. Counting the elastic and thread, it probably cost about $1.75 total to make. Can't beat that!
Cute dress and your model is adorable :)
ReplyDeleteTammy in Germany
Wow! That is adorable! How long did it take you to make it? Is it easy enough for a beginner?
ReplyDeleteIve seen this link before! I might give it a try myself :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree - Stunning model!!