Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reaping

We've done a lot of sowing, and now, we are happily reaping. Today we picked our first lima beans. I think there will be enough for one meal. Hopefully picking them will encourage the plants to produce more. The limas were surprisingly slow-growing. These were the fattest ones.

Bootsie and Monkey Man picked so many tomatoes and cantaloupes yesterday that they had to work together to carry the basket.

Sugar Baby asked me to take a picture of her holding the watermelon to put on my blog. We picked the melon a little too soon, but it was still pretty good. (It all got eaten, anyway.)


This is my work of art. Looking at this shelf gives me such satisfaction.

And lastly, I couldn't resist taking a picture of such sweet pigtails.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - I love the canning picture! It looks like it came from a magazine - you should submit it :) I think your garden must be much larger than Im imagining!

    looooove the pigtails too!

    ReplyDelete