Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mystery Veggie

A mysterious plant is growing in my front flower bed. It planted itself. At first, I thought it was a pumpkin. It has large leaves and big yellow flowers like a pumpkin.

But all the pumpkins I've ever grown started out green and gradually turned orange as they matured.
This one is like a bumpy yellow ball, the size of a large grapefruit. It is still growing. For a while I thought it was a squash, but the but the flowers and leaves are way bigger than any squash I've grown, too. Then I thought it was a gourd, but the gourds we grew had white flowers and smaller leaves.

............................................................................................

On a different note... this is how Superhero was dressed when he came downstairs this morning. Today, he is a pilot.

Bootsie spotted this guy (below) while we were looking at the Mystery Veggie, and she managed to get a pretty good shot of him. It is hard to get close up shots of moving things - he was wiggly, and it was a little breezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment