Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today I Learned...

Today I learned that Queenie sees nothing wrong with tiptoeing downstairs after everyone has gone to bed and snatching an apple off the kitchen table to nibble on upstairs in her bed.


Today I learned that International Delight French Vanilla coffee creamer tastes nothing like Coffeemate French Vanilla. Blech!


Today I learned that it takes a loooooong time to wash and snap this many green beans. (And there is still the canning to do tomorrow...)
Today I learned that when your kids tell you they are digging a pond and building a playground in the woods, you should take them seriously.



You can't tell by the picture, but this hole is at least 5 feet deep and 5 feet across. They dug it themselves and were trying to fill it with water. The boys had dreams of raising catfish in it. I had nightmares of Queenie falling into it.
This is a hut they built near the pond. There was also an elaborate fence made of small trees and limbs surrounding the area. (Not to mention, poison ivy.)

There is so much to learn everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Auntie is thoroughly impressed by the enormous manmade "lake" AND the hut!! Brilliant kids, those ones!

    And I ♥ all Queenie stories too :) what a funny kid!

    ReplyDelete