Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cooking with Sugar Baby

We tried a new appetizer recipe today that we will be taking to tonight's New Year's Eve service at church. I found the recipe on another website & thought it looked interesting. Sugar Baby volunteered to make it. I called it Bacon Club Crackers, but I'm not sure what the real name is.
Here are the ingredients, the cook, and her Monkey Man brother.


The first step was to lay a bunch of club crackers out on a pan. Then you sprinkle each cracker with about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese. Like so:

Queenie (with a hot chocolate mustache) was upset because she wasn't allowed to help.


Next, cut the package of (thin sliced) bacon in half. Wrap each cracker with a piece of bacon. The picture is a little fuzzy, but you can get the gist of it. It was challenging to get each cracker wrapped without dumping the parmesan.


The recipe said to bake them at 250F for 2 hours, but I ended up leaving ours in for 3 hours. The fat on the bacon wouldn't get crispy looking.

Here's a picture of the final product:


Final Verdict: they ended up tasting very un-special [read: greasy and bland] and we probably won't take them with us tonight. Oh well, at least it was fun blogging about them!









No comments:

Post a Comment